I spent the weekend of April 11 - 13 in Masachusetts.
On Friday, I spent the day with Hycel Taylor III, the son of Chicago's Hyel Taylor Jr. long time friend and ACLC firebrand. Hycel III has a beautiful family, he's a jazz performer (singer), and computer consultant.
My hosts included Jim Edgerly (Massachusets state leader), Bismark Bamfo (Boston city leader), and Catherine Ono (witnessing activist and leader).
On Saturday morning, I spoke at the ACLC meeting, organized by Sheikh Rasul Seifullah, and hosted at the Basilica of the Holy Apostles, namely church of Archbishop Timothy Bayman. It was a well run and uplifting program. A fluid blend and seamless blend of Muslim and Christian offering.
Here are a few pictures of our time together in Springfield, Massachusetts.
I spoke on the roots, the message, and the mission of the ACLC.
Here are the slides from that presentation. (They can be downloaded from the Scribd site):
That evening I spoke to the guests at the Edgerly, Family Fellowship gateway meeting. This was a delightful gathering with a birthday song and cake for 5 year old Asa, joy and songs around Karaoke, joined by all on hand including Jim Edgerly's Mom.
My message offered the notion that just as one's own family members support the efforts of our conscience to help us toward goodness, the families in our family fellowship groups likewise support the efforts of our respective families to be good.
The following morning I spoke to the youth fellowship at 46 Beacon Street. There about 30 or so Boston area, BC, university students held their weekly meeting of praise and devotions. I was deeply inspired by the beauty and quality of this community, and glad for a few moments with them.
There my message was to build their unique self of beauty to manifest the ground of goodness they naturally inherit as BC's. Also not to think of college only as preparation, but as the ground of full action and being in these very moments, day to day.
Finally, at noon was a Viet Namese, spring celebration, hosted by a the family fellowship group of Catherine Ono, most especially one of the lovely young couples in her group who happen to be from Viet Nam. For this group I was invited to say a few simple words about the ideals embraced by Peace Ambassadors, and Family Federation friends and members. These few words were given together with a simple Blessing among couples (especially new guests), and all gathered.
Here are some pictures from that Spring party. (The last two pictures are of Boston, as I flew away and said good bye.)
The weekend was full and enriching.
On Friday, I spent the day with Hycel Taylor III, the son of Chicago's Hyel Taylor Jr. long time friend and ACLC firebrand. Hycel III has a beautiful family, he's a jazz performer (singer), and computer consultant.
My hosts included Jim Edgerly (Massachusets state leader), Bismark Bamfo (Boston city leader), and Catherine Ono (witnessing activist and leader).
On Saturday morning, I spoke at the ACLC meeting, organized by Sheikh Rasul Seifullah, and hosted at the Basilica of the Holy Apostles, namely church of Archbishop Timothy Bayman. It was a well run and uplifting program. A fluid blend and seamless blend of Muslim and Christian offering.
Here are a few pictures of our time together in Springfield, Massachusetts.
I spoke on the roots, the message, and the mission of the ACLC.
Here are the slides from that presentation. (They can be downloaded from the Scribd site):
That evening I spoke to the guests at the Edgerly, Family Fellowship gateway meeting. This was a delightful gathering with a birthday song and cake for 5 year old Asa, joy and songs around Karaoke, joined by all on hand including Jim Edgerly's Mom.
My message offered the notion that just as one's own family members support the efforts of our conscience to help us toward goodness, the families in our family fellowship groups likewise support the efforts of our respective families to be good.
The following morning I spoke to the youth fellowship at 46 Beacon Street. There about 30 or so Boston area, BC, university students held their weekly meeting of praise and devotions. I was deeply inspired by the beauty and quality of this community, and glad for a few moments with them.
There my message was to build their unique self of beauty to manifest the ground of goodness they naturally inherit as BC's. Also not to think of college only as preparation, but as the ground of full action and being in these very moments, day to day.
Finally, at noon was a Viet Namese, spring celebration, hosted by a the family fellowship group of Catherine Ono, most especially one of the lovely young couples in her group who happen to be from Viet Nam. For this group I was invited to say a few simple words about the ideals embraced by Peace Ambassadors, and Family Federation friends and members. These few words were given together with a simple Blessing among couples (especially new guests), and all gathered.
Here are some pictures from that Spring party. (The last two pictures are of Boston, as I flew away and said good bye.)
The weekend was full and enriching.
Comments