I spent the weekend of April 18 - 20, 2008 at the 5th National Witnessing Summit in San Francisco.

I went with an open mind, not knowing what to expect. I have heard much about these summits, having had several long conversations and correspondences about these summits with friends who attended. Despite this effort to learn and understand, somehow I remained not knowing what to expect.
I believe there were approximately 200 people in attendance, maybe 130 young people and young families aged 16 - 35, and perhaps 70 folks in their 50's or there abouts.
The program was well conceived, and well executed. There was remarkable discipline in the program without ever a moment of heavy handedness or dominating "leader-imposition." All present were equal participants, from the high school students to the president. Every idea counted.
Presentations were well prepared, well presented and engaging. Testimonies were focused, purposeful, and dramatic. They revealed the power of God.
The "Summit series" is progressive. It builds on itself. It moves forward. Results from past summits are integrated into each successive meeting, informing the foundation and starting point for the summit at hand.
The summits seem to blend undiluted commitment to vertical realities and traditions, while simultaneously swimming in joy and bright optimism.
A number of important needs of the movement are addressed in these meetings, perhaps most vital and delightful, the growing harmony and mutual love and respect among "1st generation," and the remarkable young people born into "central blessed families."
I feel from my experience that through these summits, America is pioneering vital progress in this time of transition, creating a true lineage and force for transmitting Father's heaven to a future world.
I highly recommend that any and every member who has the time and wherewithall to be sure to support and participate in these summits. There is much to learn. A great hope for the movement, nation, and world seems to be arising through this energetic effort.
I took these few pictures from my visit:
But Ken Owens did an exceptional job in his picture taking to capture the spirit and acitivities of the summit. Click here (<-- click) and here (<-- click) to see Ken's work. Don't forget to go to the bottom of each picture page to see all the available pages of photos.

I went with an open mind, not knowing what to expect. I have heard much about these summits, having had several long conversations and correspondences about these summits with friends who attended. Despite this effort to learn and understand, somehow I remained not knowing what to expect.
I believe there were approximately 200 people in attendance, maybe 130 young people and young families aged 16 - 35, and perhaps 70 folks in their 50's or there abouts.
The program was well conceived, and well executed. There was remarkable discipline in the program without ever a moment of heavy handedness or dominating "leader-imposition." All present were equal participants, from the high school students to the president. Every idea counted.
Presentations were well prepared, well presented and engaging. Testimonies were focused, purposeful, and dramatic. They revealed the power of God.
The "Summit series" is progressive. It builds on itself. It moves forward. Results from past summits are integrated into each successive meeting, informing the foundation and starting point for the summit at hand.
The summits seem to blend undiluted commitment to vertical realities and traditions, while simultaneously swimming in joy and bright optimism.
A number of important needs of the movement are addressed in these meetings, perhaps most vital and delightful, the growing harmony and mutual love and respect among "1st generation," and the remarkable young people born into "central blessed families."
I feel from my experience that through these summits, America is pioneering vital progress in this time of transition, creating a true lineage and force for transmitting Father's heaven to a future world.
I highly recommend that any and every member who has the time and wherewithall to be sure to support and participate in these summits. There is much to learn. A great hope for the movement, nation, and world seems to be arising through this energetic effort.
I took these few pictures from my visit:
But Ken Owens did an exceptional job in his picture taking to capture the spirit and acitivities of the summit. Click here (<-- click) and here (<-- click) to see Ken's work. Don't forget to go to the bottom of each picture page to see all the available pages of photos.
Comments
Joy Garratt